Places to visit in Jaipur - List Of Top 10 Visiting Places in jaipur
As a wanderlust who has traveled to almost every major nook and corner of India, I have to admit that Jaipur, also known as 'The Pink City' is one of the most beautiful, culturally rich and serene cities in the whole of India.
If you're planning to visit Jaipur for the first time and are not aware of what places are the best ones that you could visit, then you will need some help. Below is a carefully compiled list of the best ten places that you should visit in Jaipur whenever you plan on visiting this beautiful city for a magical retreat!
1. PUNO, The Adventure Arena – If there is something you absolutely do not want to miss from the list of top 10 things to do in Jaipur, it is a visit to PUNO, The Adventure Arena. It is unlike any other places you'll visit in Jaipur. PUNO is a trampoline park situated in the heart of Jaipur and has some of the best thrilling rides that are sure to give you an adrenaline gushing, topsy-turvy experience which makes you want more and more of it. What more? This Adventure Arena also has the best food that I've had in a café! If you're visiting Jaipur and deliberately missing out on PUNO, you're committing a big mistake.
2. Jantar Mantar – Constructed by Maharaja Sawai Jai Singh the Second, this architectural wonder is actually a maze of different astronomical instruments that are said to be extremely precise in nature! If you're on a quick one-day tour, then this place is one of the best places to visit Jaipur in one day. I did the same. The design of Jantar Mantar is such that the different concrete instruments create a harmonious design that complements the beauty of Jaipur.
3. Hawa Mahal – Hawa Mahal translates to 'The Palace of Winds'. This stunning and magnanimous palace has 953 small windows called 'jharokhas’ that are the inspiration for the palace’s name. Believe me, it is one of the best places to visit in Jaipur in evening! I remember the palace having beautiful wall paintings, spacious rooms made out of ‘choona', and windows that were created so that the princesses and queens could welcome back their husbands who came back from wars.
4. Amber Fort – This fort beautifully signifies what Rajasthan is all about! I have visited this humongous fort, which is also a UNESCO World Heritage Site, multiple times, and every time, I have fallen in love with the view that it offers and the beautiful palace that is situated within the fort itself. The fort also has a seasonal moat whose water was harvested for daily use! What lovely architecture! Visiting this enchanting beauty should definitely be on your list of top 10 things to do in Jaipur.
5. Jal Mahal – As the name suggests, the Jal Mahal is a palace that is situated right in the middle of a beautiful seasonal lake. What makes Jal Mahal beautiful is not just its beautiful location but also the wondrous and enchanting wildlife that the lake offers. Every year, the lake sees tons of migratory birds that visit its waters from as far as Siberia! Bird watchers visit Jaipur every year to witness this phenomenon, and I did the same a few years ago. Needless to say, I returned with some amazing photos and lovely memories.
6. Jawahar Kala Kendra – The Jawahar Kala Kendra is a lovely architectural marvel that has become a great place for local artists to show their talent. It is a museum cum theatre that also hosts various workshops where you can learn different artistic practices and hone them. I learned clay pottery from here. The architectural grandeur of the place is inspired by blocks and Jaipur's famous red sandstone that gives it the pink color. It is the beautiful symphony of the architectural acoustics that makes this place stand out from the rest!
7. Govind Devji Temple – The temple of 'The King of Jaipur', it is said that the idol of deity Govind Devji has an exact resemblance to Shri Krishna, a widely celebrated Hindu God. Pilgrims from all over India come to visit this temple, and whenever you come, you'll find a huge number of devotees here. The temple is actually an old palace of the Maharaja of Jaipur. You'll find beautiful gardens filled with people and friendly monkeys, children's rides, and beautiful architecture along with peace of mind at this magnanimous temple.
8. Nahargarh Fort – Another one of Jaipur’s famous forts, this fort is by far the most widely visited fort, so much so that even the famous movie ‘Rang de Basanti’ had done some shooting here. There’s also a palace that you could go and view, but our advice is to keep this place on your list of best places to visit in Jaipur in evening and visit the café called ‘Padao' that offers the best evening view of Jaipur. You could also come in the early morning and look at the beautiful sunrise.
9. Central Park – Had enough of huge forts and intricate architectural palaces? Worry not, because Central Park is here. The lush green fields, the hilly landscape, and a serene environment awaits you at Central Park. There's a great deal of flora and fauna for you to admire, all the while peacefully sitting near the huge Indian flag situated right at the center of the park. There's also a musical fountain and a pathway where you could walk and jog for 7 kilometers straight! Jaipurites love the park, and so would you.
10. Albert Hall Museum – Situated right in the middle of Ramniwas Bagh, the Albert Hall Museum sees tons of tourists every day. Albert Hall's architecture is of a classic British tone from the colonial era. The museum contains some amazing artifacts such as weapons, toys, ceramics, from different countries. But the main attraction here is the Egyptian Mummy that has been carefully preserved. There is also a library that contains some rare books but no one is allowed to enter it. Outside Albert Hall, there is a huge open space where you can feed a lot of pigeons. All in all, visiting the Albert Hall museum is an enriching experience.
The Pink City of Jaipur mesmerizes you with its artistic beauty, intricate architecture, and magnanimous forts and palaces. As the city develops, it has also started offering other fun activities such as adventure and trampoline parks like PUNO that are sure to make you fall in love with it.